Need a website? Or need a better one? Building your website and maintaining it are tasks that often gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. But if you have anything to share, promote, market or sell, you need a good website. It doesn’t have to take too much time or cost too much—and sometimes you just need someone to get you started by writing the text for you, improving the site copy you already have, and/or updating it as needed.
- Copywriting for the website, from your bio and “about us” copy to descriptions of products and services (more on writing services below)
- Rewriting or editing your existing website’s copy
- Updating your website content daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed
- Providing digital strategy and online content recommendations
- Building a WordPress, Squarespace (or other) website for your business, project, or organization
Having an active presence on social media is critical for your brand, business, organization, or project. If you’re not active online, you’re giving up the chance to tell your story and engage with your online audience. Sometimes you need someone to help get you started or to provide ongoing management of your social media efforts.
Social media management services include:
- Creating a customized social media strategy for posting online (where, what, and how often you should post and engage with your audience), including insights into the competitive landscape and brand development
- Helping set up your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest…), writing or editing your posts, and providing you with a customized plan to continue on your own
- Managing your social media accounts, from handling the daily posting and engagement to editing your copy before it’s posted and reviewing your account activity
Writing and Editing
Website content, from bio and “about us” text to descriptions of products and services, including:
- Blog posts
- Marketing materials
- Press releases
- Internal communications and presentations
- Social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…)
Have questions? Looking for communications expertise? Get in touch:
Stef McDonald has worked as a writer and editor for more than 20 years. Her wide-ranging work experience includes editing the TV Guide crossword puzzle, reporting live backstage at the Oscars, profiling local designers, writing op-eds for environmental campaigns, and creating a website for surfer girls. As a writer for newspapers, national magazines, travel books, consumer websites, and nonprofits, she has filled a portfolio with stories on the arts, fashion, beauty, food, health, sports, green living and the environment. After starting her career in print, Stef shifted her focus to the web, where she has worked as an online editor and content manager for magazines, small businesses, startups, and nonprofits. In addition to writing and editing content, she has worked on website launches and relaunches, communications, and digital strategy. Her Los Angeles-based communications business specializes in one-time or long-term work assignments for individuals, businesses, and organizations: writing and editing, website management, brand development, and social media strategy and management.