Stef McDonald‘s Los Angeles-based business supports the communications efforts of nonprofit organizations, good businesses, and individuals.
Good copy will help you reach and engage with your audience, and you shouldn’t have to waste time struggling to find the right words. Having someone write or edit your copy will allow you to focus on everything else you need to do.
Services include writing:
- Website copy
- Blog posts
- Social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…)
- “About Us” text
- Product and service descriptions
- Marketing materials, including fliers
- Press releases/media alerts
- Internal communications and presentations
- Resumes/CVs and cover letters
Website Management Services
Need a website? Or a better one? Building your website and maintaining it are tasks that often gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. But if you have anything to share, promote, market or sell, you need a good website. It doesn’t have to take too much time or cost too much—and sometimes you just need someone to get you started.
- “Get Started” plan to create a website (WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, other) for your business, project, or organization. Note: this could also include launching social media accounts for you (see below).
- Copywriting for your website, from your bio and “about us” copy to writing descriptions of products, services, or programs
- Developing a customized content plan for blog posts and other updates to your website
- Rewriting or editing your website’s copy and making sure it’s reader- and SEO-friendly
- Creating content to update your website and blog daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed
- Providing digital strategy and online content recommendations
Social Media Services/Online Communications Strategy
Communicating with your audience and having an active presence on social media is essential for your brand, business, organization, or project. If you’re not active online, you’re missing out on the opportunity to share your story and connect with your online audience. Sometimes you need someone to help get you started or to provide ongoing management of your social media efforts.
- Leading a “Social Media 101” training workshop, customized for your needs
- Setting up and launching your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest…) for you
- Providing you with an instruction manual for posting to your accounts and building and engaging with your audience
- Creating a customized social media plan for posting online (where, what, and how often you should post and engage with your audience), with insights into the competitive landscape and brand development
- Posting to your social media accounts on your behalf — short-term or long-term
- Assisting you in preparing posts
- Writing or editing your posts
- Creating social media toolkits for campaigns/programs/events
- Creating quality content, including blog posts, features, and images to share with your audience
- Creating an email marketing plan to communicate with and engage your audience
- Writing or editing and sending your email newsletters
Have questions? Looking for communications expertise? Get in touch.