Stef McDonald‘s Los Angeles-based business supports the communications efforts of nonprofit organizations, good businesses, and individuals.
Good copy will help you reach and engage with your audience, and you shouldn’t have to waste time struggling to find the right words. Having someone write or edit your copy will allow you to focus on everything else you need to do.
Services include writing:
- Website copy
- Blog posts
- “About Us” text
- Social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…)
- Product and service descriptions
- Marketing materials, including fliers
- Press releases/media alerts
- Internal communications and presentations
- Resumes/CVs and cover letters
Website Management Services
Need a website? Or a better one? Building your website and maintaining it are tasks that often gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. But if you have anything to share, promote, market or sell, you need a good website. It doesn’t have to take too much time or cost too much—and sometimes you just need someone to get you started.
- Copywriting for your website, from your bio and “about us” copy to writing descriptions of products, services, or programs
- Developing a customized content plan to keep your website updated
- Creating content for your blog and other website pages
- Rewriting or editing your website’s copy and making sure it’s reader- and SEO-friendly
- Updating your website content and blog daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed
- Providing digital strategy and online content recommendations
- Building and/or maintaining a WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify (or other) website for your business, project, or organization
Online Communications Strategy/Social Media Services
Communicating with your audience and having an active presence on social media is essential for your brand, business, organization, or project. If you’re not active online, you’re missing out on the opportunity to share your story and connect with your online audience. Sometimes you need someone to help get you started or to provide ongoing management of your social media efforts.
- Creating a customized communications plan, including a social media strategy for posting online (where, what, and how often you should post and engage with your audience), including insights into the competitive landscape and brand development
- Creating a “Get Started” plan for you to set up your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest…), writing and/or editing your initial posts, and providing you with a customized plan to continue on your own
- Managing your social media accounts, either preparing posts for your review and posting on your behalf or editing and fine-tuning your copy before it’s posted
- Creating social media toolkits for campaigns
- Creating quality content, including blog posts, features, and images to share with your audience
- Creating an email marketing plan to communicate with and engage your audience
- Writing or editing and sending your email newsletters
Have questions? Looking for communications expertise? Get in touch.