Stef McDonald’s Los Angeles-based business supports the communications efforts of nonprofit organizations, good businesses, and individuals.
- Website copy
- Blog posts
- “About Us” text
- Social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…)
- Product and service descriptions
- Marketing materials, including fliers
- Press releases/media alerts
- Internal communications and presentations
- Resumes/CVs and cover letters
Website Management Services
Need a website? Or a better one? Building your website and maintaining it are tasks that often gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. But if you have anything to share, promote, market or sell, you need a good website. It doesn’t have to take too much time or cost too much—and sometimes you just need someone to get you started by writing the text for you, improving the site copy you already have, and/or updating it as needed.
- Copywriting for your website, from your bio and “about us” copy to descriptions of products, services, or programs
- Blog posts
- Rewriting or editing your existing website’s copy and making sure it’s reader- and SEO-friendly
- Updating your website content and blog daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed
- Providing digital strategy and online content recommendations
- Building and/or maintaining a WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify (or other) website for your business, project, or organization
Online Communications Strategy/Social Media Services
Communicating with your audience and having an active presence on social media is essential for your brand, business, organization, or project. If you’re not active online, you’re missing out on the opportunity to share your story and connect with your online audience. Sometimes you need someone to help get you started or to provide ongoing management of your social media efforts.
- Creating a customized communications plan, including a social media strategy for posting online (where, what, and how often you should post and engage with your audience), including insights into the competitive landscape and brand development
- Helping set up your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest…), writing and/or editing your posts, and providing you with a customized plan to continue on your own
- Managing your social media accounts, from handling the daily/weekly posting and engagement to editing your copy before it’s posted and reviewing your account activity
- Creating quality content, including blog posts, features, and images, to share with your audience
- Creating an email marketing plan to communicate with and engage your audience, and preparing and sending email newsletters
Have questions? Looking for communications expertise? Get in touch:
Stef McDonald has worked as a writer and editor for more than 20 years. Her wide-ranging work experience includes editing the TV Guide crossword puzzle, profiling local designers, writing op-eds for environmental campaigns, and creating a website for surfer girls. As a writer for newspapers, national magazines, travel books, consumer websites, and nonprofits, she has filled a portfolio with stories on the arts, fashion, beauty, food, health, sports, green living and the environment. After starting her career in print, Stef shifted her focus to the web, where she has worked as an online editor and content manager for magazines, small businesses, startups, and nonprofits. In addition to writing and editing content, she has worked on website launches and relaunches, communications, and digital strategy. Her Los Angeles-based communications business specializes in one-time or long-term work assignments for individuals, businesses, and organizations: writing and editing, website management, brand development, and social media strategy and management.